Thursday, January 14, 2010

my love, my dear, my darling

i'll never be a knight in armor
with a sword in hand, or a kamikaze fighter;
don't count on me to storm the barricades
and take a stand, or hold my ground;

you'll never see any scars or wounds
i don't walk on coals, I won't walk on water:
i am no prince, I am no saint,
i am not anyone's wildest dream,
but i can stand behind and be someone to fall back on.

honestly, you don't believe me
that the things I have are the things you need?
you look at me like I don't make sense,
like a waste of time, like it serves no purpose
if that's what you believe you need you're wrong
you don't need much, you need someone to fall back on...
and i'll be that: I'll take your side.
if i'm the only one, I'm used to that I've been alone, I'd rather be

the half of us, The least of you, The best of me.
and I will be your prince I'll be your saint,
i will go crashing through fences,
in your name. I will, I swear -

i'll be the one, who waits,
and for as long as you'll let me,
i will be the one you need.
i'll be someone to fall back on.

------------------------------------------------------

you sheltered me from harm, kept me warm,
you gave my life to me, set me free,
the finest's you i ever knew
all the months I had with you,
and i will give everything i owned,
give up my life, my heart, my home
just to have you

you taught me how to love, what is love
you never said too much
but still you showed you cared
and I knew from watching you
nobody else will ever know
the part of me that can't let go

No comments: